An enormous housefire last Thursday night destroyed the home of the Joe Townsend family, at the end of Sneed Rd. off of Highway 70 near the Miller Hill area in Kingston Springs. Townsend was sent to the hospital with smoke inhalation after going back into the home after he had gotten out. Pegram and White Bluff also responded. Firefighters had to shuttle water with tankers: 50,000 gallons of water. The home and a car were fully involved when they arrived, a barn with 2 cars was also threatened.
Bullets were firing off when firefighters first arrived from ammunition inside the home.
Chief Bubba Ivey stated that the brick home was already fully involved when they arrived. They were on the scene until approximately 6a.m. Friday morning.
Chief Ivey stated on Wednesday afternoon that a faulty electrical outlet near a woodburning stove at the front left side of the house was the cause of the fire.