Mission statement: Harpeth High School provides a safe learning community which challenges its students academically, artistically, and athletically. We empower our students to become life-long learners who possess integrity and wisdom.
Beliefs about learning and instruction: We believe that teachers
need to be periodically in-serviced in their subject area to learn innovative student-oriented techniques.
Soccer coach Allie Libby and the HHS girls’ soccer team would like to thank everyone who came by HHS last Saturday and supported the team at the car wash. The girls worked very hard and it was deemed a monetary success. Thanks for your support of HHS soccer!
On July 30, we will hold new student registration from 8:00-3:00. Remember to bring your birth certificate, social security card, immunization records, and 3 proofs of residence. We look forward to meeting you. HHS counselors will be on hand to discuss your schedule for the upcoming school year. Please come to the front office and we will be glad to help you.
Upcoming events: new student registration July 30, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.; school resumes August 13, 7:45-10:45(1/2 day), buses will run; Back to School Bash August 17.
High school/college tips: Prioritize your expenditures for the upcoming school year by planning ahead.
Ways to conquer stress: Avoid relying on chemical aids and believe in YOU!
Quote of the week: “There is a boundary to men’s passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination.” Edmund Burke
Hope you are enjoying your summer!
Based on the need to address a community standard and focus on academic learning, students’ safety, and the workplace, HHS will enforce the following dress code. It is expected that students clothing should be in good taste, sized appropriately (not too tight or too baggy), having no holes revealing skin or undergarments above the knees, not revealing in cut, fit or consistency of material.
• Clothing should have no inappropriate messages or graphics.
• Hats or other head-gear and sunglasses are not permitted to be worn in the building.
• Shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. must not be shorter than 3 inches from the knee all the way around the skirt.
• Halter tops, strapless shirts, off the shoulder tops, and TANK TOPS are not permitted.
• Undergarments are required and should not be visible at any time. Cleavage and/or skin at the waist (front and back) should not be visible at any time. Every student is required to wear shirts/tops/sweaters that extend below their waistline.
• Pants must fit around the waist and shall not be excessively baggy or allow undergarments to be exposed. (Tennessee State Law.)
• No holes or visible worn spots on pants above the knee.
• Pajama bottoms and house slippers are not permitted.
• No long/oversized coats of any type should be worn during the school day. These items should be placed in the locker.
• Students are not allowed to wear gang, or racially/ethnically inflammatory style, or sexually oriented clothing, colors, symbols, jewelry, etc. Chains attached to clothing are not permitted.