Based on the need to address a community standard and focus on academic learning, students’
safety, and the workplace, HHS will enforce the following dress code. It is expected that students clothing should be in good taste, sized appropriately (not too tight or too baggy), having no holes revealing skin or undergarments above the knees, not revealing in cut, fit or consistency of material.
• Clothing should have no inappropriate messages or graphics.
• Hats or other head-gear and sunglasses are not permitted to be worn in the building.
• Shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. must not be shorter than 3 inches from the knee all the way around the skirt.
• Halter tops, strapless shirts, off the shoulder tops, and TANK TOPS are not permitted.
• Undergarments are required and should not be visible at any time. Cleavage and/or skin at the waist (front and back) should not be visible at any time. Every student is required to wear shirts/tops/sweaters that extend below their waistline.
• Pants must fit around the waist and shall not be excessively baggy or allow undergarments to be exposed. (Tennessee State Law.)
• No holes or visible worn spots on pants above the knee.
• Pajama bottoms and house slippers are not permitted.
• No long/oversized coats of any type should be worn during the school day. These items should be placed in the locker.
• Students are not allowed to wear gang, or racially/ethnically inflammatory style, or sexually oriented clothing, colors, symbols, jewelry, etc. Chains attached to clothing are not permitted.