There is an important election coming on August 7th, and now is the time to start thinking about. Petitions may be picked up anytime, and must be filed by noon, April 3rd, 2014.
As of Tuesday this week, the following have picked up petitions:
• Tony Gross of Kingston Springs, Democrat candidate for State Senate, 25th District
• Mary Littleton of Dickson, Republican candidate for State House of Representatives
• Phillip A. Maxey for General Sessions Judge
• David Wolfe for Circuit Court Judge, 23rd Judicial District
• Jack T. Arnold for Circuit Court Judge, 23rd Judicial District
• Suzanne M. Lockert-Mash, for Circuit Court Judge, 23rd Judicial District
• Ray Crouch, Jr. for District Attorney General, 23rd Judicial District
• Jake Lockert, Public Defender 23rd Judicial District
• David J. McCullough, Mary J. Macrae and Sandra K. Gregory for Cheatham County Mayor
• Julie Womack Hibbs for Circuit Court Clerk
• Dorothy K. (Dot) Jones, and Kirk Low for Trustee
• Mike Breedlove (from Kingston Springs), as well as Elvis Carmel Maddox and incumbent John H. Holder for Sheriff
• Teresa Gupton for Court Clerk
• Dolores H. Moulton for Register of Deeds
Petitions picked up for seats on the Cheatham County Commission, 5th and 6th District:
• Eugene Evans and Diana Pike (5th)
• John Haines and Scott Sampson (6th)
School Board Member, 5th and 6th District:
• John R. Louallen for District 5
Also picking up petitions for local spots:
• Warren Miller, Alderman, City of Pegram
• Gary T. Brown, Scott Willcutt and Larry Martin for District 5 (Pegram) Constable
• Clint Biggers for District 6 Constable
IMPORTANT DATES FOR AUGUST 7TH, 2014 ELECTION
1. Petitions may be picked up from January 3rd, 2014 on
2. March 20th, 2014 is the last day for Sheriff candidate’s to file their affidavits of qualification.
3. Last day to file petition is 12:00 NOON on April 3rd, 2014
4. Withdrawal deadline is 12:00 NOON on April 10th, 2014 in writing and signed.
5. May 5th, 2014 is the last day to file Statement of Interest with Ethics Commission.
6. July 8th, 2014 is the last day to register to vote before the August 7th, 2014 Election.
7. Early Voting begins on July 18th, 2014 and ends on August 2nd, 2014 in the Election Office.
8. July 31st, 2014 is the last day a by-mail request can be processed.
TOWN OF PEGRAM- GENERAL ELECTION
Two (2) –Alderman Seats (4 yr term)
TOWN OF ASHLAND CITY- GENERAL ELECTION
Ashland City Judge (8 yr term)
COUNTY GENERAL ELECTION
Circuit Court Judge (1 from each division) District Attorney General 23rd District
Division I, II, III (8 yr term) Public Defender 23rd District
Mayor County Trustee
School Board Members (vote for 1) County Commissioners (2 from each district)
Districts 1, 4, 5 (4 yr term) Districts 1,2,3,4,5,6 (4 yr term)
Sheriff (4 yr term) County Clerk
Circuit Court Clerk (4 yr term) Constable (1 from each district)
Register of Deeds (4 yr term) Districts 1,2,3,4,5,6 (4 yr term)
General Sessions Judge (8 yr term)
Governor United States Senate
US House of Representatives TN House of Representatives 78th Dist.
5th and 6th Congressional Dist. State Executive Committeeman 25th Senate Dist.
TN Senate 25th Dist. State Executive Committeewoman 25th Senate Dist.
Get registered! Get interested! VOTE!