There is an important election coming on August 7th. Cutoff for filing petitions was noon, April 3rd, 2014. Potential candidates had until Thursday, April 10th (after the SCAdvocate’s press date) at noon to withdraw.
As of Wednesday this week, these are the candidates that will appear on the official ballot for 5th and 6th District voters:
State Senate Primary, 25th District Democrat
• Tony Gross of Kingston Springs
State Senate Primary, 25th District Republican
• Joshua G. Evans of Greenbrier • Kerry Roberts of Springfield • Jim Summerville of Dickson • Wayne White of Slayden
State Representative Primary, District 78 Republican
• Incumbent Mary Littleton of Dickson
State Representative Primary, District 78 Democrat
• Jane Crisp of Pegram
Democrat State Executive Committeeman 25th District
• Gentry Allen • Mary Shepard • Timothy Southerland
Democrat State Executive Committeewoman 25th District
• Jonathan Garner • Jodie Harden • Mary Ann Parks • Michael S. Petty
General Sessions Judge
• Phillip A. Maxey
Circuit Court Judge:
• David Wolfe Division I • Larry J. Wallace Division II • Jack T. Arnold, Suzanne M. Lockert-Mash, Steve Powers and Jerry V. Smith, Division III
District Attorney General, 23rd Judicial District
• Ray Crouch, Jr.
Public Defender 23rd Judicial District
• Jake Lockert III • H. Scott Saul • Kelly Jackson Smith
Circuit Court Clerk
• Incumbent Julie Womack •Susanna Griffin Warren
• Incumbent Dorothy K. (Dot) Jones • Kirk Low • Randy Walker
Cheatham County Sheriff
• Mike Breedlove (from Kingston Springs) • Incumbent John H. Holder of Chapmansboro • Elvis Carmel Maddox of Ashland City
• Incumbent Teresa Gupton
Register of Deeds
• Dolores H. Moulton • Pat Smith
Cheatham County Mayor
• Don Cochran • Mary J. Macrae • Incumbent David J. McCullough
There are 6 petitions candidates for county Commission in the 1st District, 4 in the 2nd, 5 in the 3rd and 6 in the 4th.
Cheatham County Commission, 5th District: (2 seats)
• Incumbent David Davidson • Eugene Evans • Diana Pike
Cheatham County Commission, 6th District: (2 seats)
• Karl Francis • Incumbent John Haines • Incumbent Jimmy Hedgepath • Shanon Pickard • Scott Sampson
School Board Member, 5th District, 1 seat:
• Christopher Ducharme • John R. Louallen
There are 2 seats up on the Pegram Board of Mayor and Alderman, Warren Miller and Eugene Evans. They are 4 year terms.
• Aubrey Chambers • Incumbent Warren Miller
Constable District 5
• Gary T. Brown • Larry Martin • Scott Willcutt
Constable District 6
• Clint Biggers
IMPORTANT DATES FOR AUGUST 7TH, 2014 ELECTION
1. July 8th, 2014 is the last day to register to vote before the August 7th, 2014 Election.
2. Early Voting begins on July 18th, 2014 and ends on August 2nd, 2014 in the Election Office.
3. July 31st, 2014 is the last day a by-mail request can be processed.