You may wonder why I would run for office at this stage of my life. One of the big reasons is to be of service to my community. I feel that my former experience with the Town can be an asset to the Board of Mayor and Alderman and the community as a whole.
There is only one promise I will or have ever made during my years serving in public office and that is to listen to all sides of an issue, research it to the best of my ability using all information available, and to vote my conscience as to what is the best for the entire community based on the above. This is the duty of ANY elected official – not to try to please a few, but to keep the present and future welfare of the whole in mind. Sometimes this is not a popular position, but it is one that my past record in public service will identify. Pegram is a unique community in that we all work together to get a job done. Whether I am elected or not on August 7th, I will continue to work with the elected officials as well as my friends and neighbors to make Pegram the best it can be.
Work and Family:
• Owner and CEO of Chambers Guttering and Sheet Metal, Inc.
• Married for 41 years to Lou Chambers
• Son and Daughter-in-law – Kevin and Jennifer Chambers, Only, TN
• Daughters and Son-in-laws – Jenny and Aaron Merritt; Lisa and Mike Dabrowiak all of Kingston Springs
• Grandsons – Ethan and Preston Merritt – Kingston Springs; Bennett and Sutton Dabrowiak Kingston Springs
• Granddaughter – Megan Kotsch (Daniel) – Lyles, TN
• Resident of Pegram for 36 years.
Public Service History:
• Served as an officer in South Cheatham Little League for fourteen years
• Pegram Volunteer Fireman for twelve years – 1988 -2000
• Pegram Park Commissioner for four years – 1984 -1988
• Pegram Mayor for 11 years – 1988 –1999
• Pegram Alderman – 2001-2003, 2005-2008
• Past Trustee of Leadership Cheatham County
• Pegram Planning Commission – 1988 – 2003
• Member of:
o Pegram Community Club
o Harpeth River Sportsman Club
o Community Bank and Trust Advisory Board
o West Nashville Cumberland Presbyterian Church Building and Grounds Board